Connect with us

Tektronix 2235 Scope

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by piloteer, Jul 29, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. piloteer

piloteer

Jul 29, 2010
    Repairing a 2235 which I recently got at an auction. Looking at where to obtain some parts. Already replaced a defective Mosfet in the power supply control section. Need the SCR and the 51 volt 400 milliwatt zener. The zener seems to be very close to a 1N5362. Can't find a source for the SCR. In the parts description it's the A!Q935 described as SCR: S1 RD-44. Tex p/n is 151-0506-00. Tried the usual sources for the part but came up a zero. Being a Metrology engineer in a past life I repaired a number of these 2235's The 2200 series scopes have always been a source of angst. Would appreciate all the help I can get. :)

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    On the web I found :
    Q Service
    &
    IML Test
    showing stock, but have never bought from them.

3. piloteer

piloteer

Jul 29, 2010
    Thanks shrtrnd, just before your response i found qservice.tv.com. IML didn't seem to carry much. Qservice had the parts so I got some. Then I ordered another part they said they had but it comes from Greece. It takes 8 to 10 days but I'll get it. Qservice is an Ebay company. Alliedelec.com has a pretty good stock as well as Westfloridacomponents.com

Hopefully as soon as all the parts I ordered are in I'll get that 2235 back on the air.

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. Dereklee

Dereklee

Jul 14, 2010
    if high quality parts, theyre worth waiting for a while.:D
    hope everything goes well. ;) and find your 2235 back soon.

5. piloteer

piloteer

Jul 29, 2010
    Thanks Dereklee.

PHP:
    if high quality partstheyre worth waiting for while
    Mnay parts from China are manufacturered by American companies forced to foreign countries
    because of the confounded corporate tax laws imposed by the anti capitalists in our government.
    A good example is Intel. The corporate tax rate in Ireland is only 11%.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
Ask a Question