Connect with us

Technika LCD22-218 TV

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Paul Mac, Oct 22, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Paul Mac

Paul Mac

Oct 22, 2014
    Hi

My TV comes on from cold and works for about 5-10 mins then the screen goes black, I can still hear audio. My electronics skills is very rusty, I used to fix monitors when you could still desolder and replace a transistor. Would this be a problem with the inverter or the AV board ?

Any ideas where i can get a replacement ? the full spec is TECHNIKA LCD M22/36B-GB-TCDI-UK REF 22-218

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Can you tell if the backlight is still on? It should be obvious in a darkened room.

If it's not on, look closely at the screen, is the image still there (it might help to use a torch at an angle)

3. Paul Mac

Paul Mac

Oct 22, 2014
    No there doesnt appear to be a backlight I checked in a dark room.

It has stopped coming on for 5 mins before going off now. On switch on it now flashes a Blue screen with TECHNIKA written across in white then the screen goes immediatly dark, no backlight.

Thanks for your help steve

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    OK, so you *may* have a backlight issue.

Is this a LED or CCFL unit?

If it's CCFL then it may be possible to replace the CCFL tubes, and/or fix/replace the inverter.

The former (replacing CCFL) may be quite fiddly -- I've done it once and I really wouldn't want to do it again. Although in fairness in my case I had to completely disassemble the LCD panel.

5. Paul Mac

Paul Mac

Oct 22, 2014
    Im not quite sure what you mean by a ccfl unit how do I tell ?

6. Paul Mac

Paul Mac

Oct 22, 2014
    bump

7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    LCD panel TV's use either LEDs or CCFL tubes ( fluoro tubes) to backlight the screen
    Steve is wanting you to establish which one it is
    Usually one lit by fluoro tube(s) will have a EHT voltage supply around 3000V

I think its about time for some pix of the main board(s) Sharp and Well Lit to see if there is anything obvious

Dave

Ask a Question