Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tech: Problem with Pioneer Elite file type cd player

R

Rich Haak

Jan 1, 1970
I know these are bitch to work on. Not really my forte. I bought this on ebay a few years ago. It worked great, looks brand new and has the original box and packing. I let sit a while and went to resell it. When I tested it, the door to access the carousel opens and then closes immediately. After a few tries it will stay open and I can load it and it plays great. Let it sit some more and now the LED display is fluctuating and all segments are lighting and are wavy. Before I throw it on ebay for parts, can somebody give me any hints on what's wrong with it or anyone care to make an offer on it.It's a beautiful unit in near mint condition. It's a PD-F19 with the rosewood sides and Urushi finish. Original box,packig, remote and manual too.

Rich

I know these are bitch to work on. Not really my forte. I bought this on ebay a few years ago. It worked great, looks brand new and has the originalbox and packing. I let sit a while and went to resell it. When I tested it, the door to access the carousel opens and then closes immediately. After a few tries it will stay open and I can load it and it plays great. Let it sit some more and now the LED display is fluctuating and all segments are lighting and are wavy. Before I throw it on ebay for parts, can somebody give me any hints on what's wrong with it or anyone care to make an offer on it. It's a beautiful unit in near mint condition. It's a PD-F19 with the rosewood sides and Urushi finish. Original box,packing, remote and manual too.

Rich

What do you want for it - besides one of us to repair it?

Typical power supply issues and this unit needs a replacement loading belt.Perhaps a good overhaul is all that is required. I've done many of theseover the years. These are solid units with few problems other than age. Nothing a good maintenance effort can't cure.

Dan

R

Rich Haak

Jan 1, 1970
What do you want for it - besides one of us to repair it?

I was going to put it on epay for $149. I don't have the time to work on itand obviously no time to use it. Besides, all of my music is on my ipod now. I don't even own enough cd's to fill it.

R

Rich Haak

Jan 1, 1970
I was going to put it on epay for $149. I don't have the time to work on it and obviously no time to use it. Besides, all of my music is on my ipod now. I don't even own enough cd's to fill it.

Still looking to sell, any interest? Have box, packing, remote and manual. Near mint cosmetically. $149