Maker Pro
Maker Pro

teac A-1500-W

analoghead

Sep 17, 2009
I have a teac reel to reel model # A-1500-W that suddenly stoped operating properly and am at kind of a deadend on since I know very little about electronics
let me explain the problem, the pinch roller will not move up into position against the capstan to play the tape. I have checked the linkage as I have been told the problem is usually a mechanical one, ie: sticky lube on linkage. this does not apear to be the problem as it all moves freely. I notice that there is a grey capacitor? mounted on top of the magnetic silonoid at the terminals. it is marked in the following manner
Suzuki
OIL JCP-A
0.1 UF
400 WV
this component is approx. 1" long X 1/2" Dia. I also notice that down at the pushbutton for play there is another component that is approx. 3/4" X 3/4" X 1/4" thick Green in colorand is marked as follows; 0.1 UF (V)
250 W.V
TOWA can you assist me at all, thanks

jepsound

Jan 25, 2010
TEAC tape recorder issue

There is a 1-amp fuse located on a small circuit card near the top of the recorder, on the left side as you view from the rear. This is a solder-in fuse. Clip it out and replace with a 1-amp slo-blo fise. I added a fuse holder to my recorder in case this fuse blew out again.

Jim