Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Talking Sculpture

Bellboy27

Oct 3, 2020
Hello,

Does any one out there have a solution for my problem?

I am a sculptor and have made a piece in ceramic a metal, it's a kind of futuristic

creature who has a driver operating it.

Size - 1.8 meters high and 2.5 meters long.

I have an infra red sensor switch set in the eye of the beast which I would like to trigger

a sound mad be the creature using a speaker mounted in its body.

My question is what to use to make the sound and amplify it?

I had thought of having the speaker connected to an amplifier outside the sculpture using a sim card for storing the sound which could be switched by the sensor when someone approaches the sculpture. This would mean having wires coming and going from the piece to the amp.

I wonder if the one thing could be done smaller to fit inside the body of the creature which is about 30 x 30 x 20 centimetres. perhaps this could be run off batteries.

Any ideas and also where I could find the components.

Chris

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
There is a gadget that sends modulated ultrasonic waves to an object (your sculpture) and it creates an interference pattern on the object causing sounds or speech to seem to come from the object.
One device is called Hypersound (look in Google). It sends a very narrow beam of ultrasonics that you hear as sound if you are in the beam or sound seems to come from an object that reflects the beam.

It is used in a museum or art gallery to make objects talk or sing. It is used for translation in a conference.