Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tablet adapter doesn't turn on

AskeBV

Apr 10, 2016
Hello. I'm an electronics newbie. My brother has a Bosto (Kingtee) 22HD tablet that no longer turns on. I think it's made for American power plugs, so the adapter also has a power converter, so it can be inserted into our plugs in Denmark.

But now when power is turned on, the small indicator light in the adapter doesn't even turn on (not even briefly). I'm guessing this means that the adapter is at fault. And hopefully there's a good chance that the tablet is fine. He doesn't know it happened. He says he probably dropped the adapter (he doesn't pay much attention to that I think), but never the tablet. Both tablet and adapter have been wrapped in a plastic bag in a chilly (but not freezing) basement. Nothing smelled burned when it turned on.

Essentially my question is if it's possible to replace the adapter, and what I would have to look for, and be careful about. Here's the stats for the adapter:

DAJING AC ADAPTER, Model DJ-U48S1202
Input: 100-240V-50/60Hz 1.5A MAX
Output: +12VDC -_ 2A Max

The original plug in the adapter says 6A250V, and the converter to our Danish plug says KY-001, 6A 125V/250V

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures at this time, but I can get them to you in a few days, if needed. Since it's not a circuit board or any very special part, I'm hoping it may be a standardized item that is easy to anyone with even intermediate expertise in electronics.

AskeBV

Apr 10, 2016
I don't have (or know anyone who has) a volt meter. Do I need it, or can I assume the writing on the adapter is right?

The one you linked says 4A output, and not 2A. In input it also says 180V-240V and 1A instead of 100-240V and 1.5A. Is that okay?
In other words - what does "matching" entail? Exact match or is there a ratio or a threshold or something else to it? As I said, I'm a newbie even with this simple stuff.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

KTW

Feb 22, 2015
I would look for an exact or closer match than that.
If the one you have is max 2 amps then I wouldn't exceed that.
There are several to search through on the net.
http://www.laptop-car-adapter.com/adapter-dj-u48s-12-dajing-35904.html
If you can't find a match contact the suppliers to see if they have a match that isn't listed.
Also look at the wattage if it's printed on the original.
The 180 volts is likely a misprint but it doesn't match what you have anyway.

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
The adapter in the first link should be ok. 180-240V input covers your 230V mains voltage; 12VDC 4A covers the 12VDC 2A output requirement.