Connect with us

T4010A1 ultrasound Transducers

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by ThijsRoumen, Apr 22, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ThijsRoumen

ThijsRoumen

Apr 22, 2014
    I am currently fighting with an advanced ultrasound application. I am using the T4010A1 ultrasound transducers. My question is whether they have something like a polarity (nothing can be found in their datasheets) and if so, what would be the best way to measure this? There is no indication on the component of it's polarity or a distinction between the legs for example.

Any help is welcome!

2. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi there and welcome to Electronics Point :)

It is "polarised" in the same way that a loudspeaker is "polarised" - when current flows one way through it, the moving part moves forwards, towards the open port, so it pushes air outwards; when current flows the other way through it, the moving part moves backwards, away from the open port, so it sucks air inwards. But, like loudspeakers, unless you have more than one of them and you need to have them "in phase", you don't need to worry about which way round you connect them.

In any case they would normally be driven with an AC signal that alternates polarity.

Ask a Question