Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Syd Rumpo - Hendershot's Generator

frtedwaco

May 20, 2013
I am new in this forum.
I am trying to put together Hendershot's Generator. I am convinced that it works but I do not read schematics therefore I am unable to connect the wires.
Few months ago there was a post from Syd Rumpo who was offering to sell plans for this project.

Syd rumpo if you are reading this could you reply?
Theodore (frtedwaco)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Purchase them from me!

I also have a very nice bridge that our government is trying to sell on the QT. It's a steal! Would you be interested?

I accept Western Union, or small unmarked bills in a paper bag.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I also not the following astute comment on the video:

Has nobody noticed that the iron bars he's winding wire around are D cell batteries painted or sharpied black? I was looking at them for a while, and noticed something strange when he was winding all that wire around another piece of wire alongside the "bar". As I looked closer, I noticed the familiar shape of the positive and negative ends of a battery!

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
The lengths some of these people go to....
What do they actually get out of it?
- Money? not very much I would imagine.
- Popularity? not exactly the right kind if you ask me

The only thing that has remotely caught my interest was the rodin coil - and not because of the bullshit claims surrounding it - more because I'm interested in the properties of shaped magnetic fields and cool effects that can be achieved with resonance, interference patterns etc.

If you want to see an actual technology like this which is really cool, look up 'correlated magnetics'. They can pixel print magnets now for very specific behaviors.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The lengths some of these people go to....
What do they actually get out of it?
- Money? not very much I would imagine.
- Popularity? not exactly the right kind if you ask me

I have some sympathy with people who misunderstand, but this guy *knows* he's a fake.

...as in "I'm a fake, so I can't show my face on youtube"

wronro94

Oct 12, 2013
on a different note... i found the capacitors needed for this project on amazon...
Try this word in the search box on amazon - "unpolarized electrolytic capacitor 250VAC 500micro farads 2pieces and 4 pieces of 1000 micro", also on ebay i think the same search words will work.
Good luck

wronro94

Oct 12, 2013
capacitors for hendershot generator

let me know if it worked for you

Last edited:

tryppyr

Oct 22, 2013
While it is, of course, amusing to poke fun at the true believers in Hendershot's generator, it occurs to me to wonder what other forms of "fuelless" energy we can tap to make electricity.

Certainly the old standby is mechanical energy (wind, wave, bicycle generator, hand cranked magnet, etc). There's also thermal (geothermal, biothermal, and to a much lesser extent the micro changes in air temperature used by the Le Coultre Atmos clock). Solar is obviously an option. Nuclear, naturally. Chemical reaction.

What else besides those? Where are we likely to seek the next breakthrough in energy harvesting?

Personally, I think the next breakthrough will be one of efficiency... learning how to capture wasted energy and turn it to more effective use. I see examples of this in the more efficient hybrid cars that recycle mechanical energy and reduce lost thermal energy. If that sort of thinking were applied to more of the things we use that consume energy, we'd need a lot less energy.