Connect with us

Switching circuit making help?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Shyamal796, Apr 23, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Shyamal796

Shyamal796

Mar 19, 2012
    I need such kind of Flip-flop ic or any othe ic, in which i give always input 1 after a certain period and get the output sequentially 0 and 1.

Is it possible to make this by using T Flip-flop?
    Help

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
  3. Shyamal796

Shyamal796

Mar 19, 2012
    I find one solution using T flip-flop. But have one problem?

Attached Files:

4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    7 is an output. Do not connect it to GND or VCC.
    1 and 5 are low active inputs for set and reset. If you do not wan to use these functions, tie these inputs to VCC (pull up). Use a series resistor (e.g. 1kOhm) for pull up, not a direct connection to VCC.

Note: a direct connection will work in almost all cases, but using a series resistor (pull up) is good practice. It allows you for example to make a connection to GND for test purposes with a piece of wire without short-circuitingb the power supply.

Harald

5. Shyamal796

Shyamal796

Mar 19, 2012
    Thanks Mr. Harald.
    I was confused to connect the pin 1 & 5. But now i will connect this pin to +Vcc with resistor (1K).

My solved circuit is that i want .......

Attached Files:

6. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    You should always use a resistor for pullups on TTL and TTLLS logic inputs. This is because the input is drawing current due to the construction of the chip, and you limit this current with a 1k resistor. Never connect TTL inputs direct to Vcc.

TOK ;)

Ask a Question