Connect with us

switching AC adapter stress test

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by [email protected], Apr 24, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mdalmasso@me.com

[email protected]

Apr 24, 2012
    Dear All,
    i need your great help to understand how is possible to simulate a 2 Amp compsuming circuit in order to test one AC adapter performance.
    The AC adapter is a switching AC with output current 2.1A and 5 VDC voltage
    Need just create a PCB with a 10 watt resistor to simulate the current flow in the circuit?
    I need to stress test an AC adapter for tablet PC, and i need to simulate the current draining from tablet.
    Maybe tablet is not only a resistive circuit... and not all time battery charging need 2 Amp.
    Any suggestion?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    If the current draw has to be 2A at 5V, and you're not concerned about what happens if the voltage goes up or down (or the resultant change is acceptable), then a simple resistor is fine.

I would tend to go for something a little larger than 10W though. I would get 4 5W 10 ohm resistors and place them in parallel.

Ask a Question