Connect with us

switching a multi effect unit

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by tempus fugit, Sep 6, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tempus fugit

    tempus fugit Guest

    Hey all;

    I'm thinking of building a remote switching system for a rack mount multi
    effects unit (for guitar). Most have a bypass footwsitch input on them, and
    I know for channel switching on most guitar amps it's just a simple
    connect-to-ground kind of thing. Does anyone know if it's the same thing on
    these effects units? Obviously, I know that they aren't all going to be the
    same, but I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with them that
    might be able to clue me in. All I need to do is bypass the unit, nothing
    fancy like patch changes, etc.

  2. Max

    Max Guest

    What is the model number of the effects unit?
  3. tempus fugit

    tempus fugit Guest

    Hi max;

    Thanks for the reply. I found an owner's manual for a Lexicon MPX100, and it
    appears that the bypass jack (for a remote momentary contact footswitch) is
    a toggle function (i.e., stomping the pedal once turns it bypasses the unit,
    and stomping it again un-bypasses it). I have a feeling that that is how
    most of them would work.

    I appear to have answered my own question in this case, but it you have
    anything to add I'd be glad to hear it.

    Thanks again.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day