Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Switched power supply with one that ha less output, electronic peforming differently

tooquick

Apr 19, 2012
I have a vtower extreme vaporizer. It has a heating element on it and also a fan. The power supply on went out on it, and it costs 40 bucks to replace. When it first started going out it seemed like a loose connection, when I would wiggle the wire and push in the male/female end to the plug together it would eventually come back on. It is now completely out. When plugged in the power supply makes a quiet ticking noise, it sounds like something is trying to trigger, but never actually does.

I was given another power supply with the same connector and almost the same specs. The specs for the original are
Input: AC100-240V, 50/60Hz, 1.5A
Output: 19V---2500mA

and the new power supply specs are
input 100v-240v, 50-60hz 1.5ma Max
output 12v 4.2A

The vaporizer has a function to turn sound on and off, it beeps when buttons are clicked when it is on. When I plug in the new power supply it causes the vaporizer to beep continuously sounding like a warning function, but that could just be a coincidence. So Any recommendations on what I should do? I figure a lower output won't damage the vaporizer, but don't know for sure. Anyway to fix the original power supply?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The new supply has only 12 V output whereas the old supply has 19 V output. 12 V is obviously insufficient to power the vaporizer. Try to get a 19 V power supply. Some laptop supplies have that voltage. Maybe you can get one cheap?

Harald