Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Switched capacitor op-amp

pump

Nov 4, 2011
Really having trouble with these. To increase the gain of a SC op-amp circuit are the SC blocks cascaded to increase the impedance? I say this because with my limited understanding of FPAA's I assume you can't change the value of the capacitors. The clocks which are used to switch the capacitors cannot overlap so they have to be the same frequency but inverted. I can't think of what else can effect the impedance to increase the gain......... Help :)

Hope explained this ok

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Is this a switched capacitor boost regulator??

Do you have a schematic of it?

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
.....FPAA's I assume you can't change the value of the capacitors.

Have a look at the Anadigm AN120E04 Reconfigurable FPAA which consists of a 2 x 2 matrix of fully configurable switched capacitor configurable analog blocks (CABs), enmeshed in a fabric of programmable interconnect resources. One part of each CAB is a bank of 8 programmable capacitors. Each of these 8 capacitors is actually a very large bank of very small but equally sized capacitors. Each of these 8 programmable capacitors can take on a relative value between 0 and 255 units of capacitance. Circuit operation does not depend on the absolute value of these capacitors, but rather on the ratio between them... which tracks to better than 0.1% over process variations.