Connect with us

Switch suitable for front-panel computer-reset

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by TTL, Feb 20, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. TTL


    Oct 24, 2013
    I'm rack-mounting a computer and wonder about the reset button -what kind would be most practical to get hold of?

    It has to be on the 19" front panel, but obviously not too easy to press accidently so I'm thinking something recessed and of course not right next to the on/off switch. Electrically, a single-pole momentary type will do. Does anyone have any specific suggestions as I haven't yet come across anything suitable?

    Here's a photo of the existing reset switch -the small square one sticking out next to the three round sockets on the side (photo courtesy of
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    any push to make momentary should be OK
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day