Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Switch replacement for lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

metaduck

Dec 1, 2015
Hi,

I have this faulty switch that I would like to replace. How does one find one of these. I need a good match as it must fit back into the lamp.

Switch reads

T125/55
2[1] - 250~
OVE
ENEC11
(weird logo CVF possibly in circle)

Switch comes from an Ikea lamp I think.

Any help much appreciated!

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi metaduck,
That's a very big wide open question!
But can I assume you mean one of theses?

upload_2015-12-1_20-40-48.jpeg

Martin

metaduck

Dec 1, 2015
Here you go!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 324
  • FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_7319.JPG
    IMG_7319.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 250

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
That is just a 'Rocker Switch'.
If you measure it and the hole, you wont have a problem with finding a replacement.
You may have a problem finding an exact match with screw terminals.
Most have crimp connectors.

Martin

metaduck

Dec 1, 2015
For the sake of completeness of this thread I will upload the dimensions.

Height 25mm
Width 16mm
Depth 16mm

I will let you know if I solve.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 224

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Yes, that is one of many suppliers of switches.
And most rocker switches come with connectors not screw terminals.

Martin

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
The dimensions needed are like this picture.
The panel hole size and the depth inside the lamp where the switch goes.

rocker-rl1-3%28w%29-01.jpg

JustMeAlex

Jan 7, 2016
Any luck? I have the same issue. IKEA lamp with this same rocker switch that is acting intermittent. Tightened the screws to no avail - issue is with the switch. Any leads on a replacement?

For the sake of completeness of this thread I will upload the dimensions.

Height 25mm
Width 16mm
Depth 16mm

I will let you know if I solve.

ianoc

Jan 15, 2017
This post/thread is a bit old now but I have exactly the same problem and the photos and dimensions (given in the 2 Dec post) match my T125/55 switch exactly. I can't tell if Metaduck found a solution - if so I'd appreciate hearing how to get a replacement.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Hi, I found this thread after googling replacement rocker switches for Ikea lamps. I have ordered these switches,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rocker-S...777495?hash=item5905b415d7:g:fuQAAOSwhQhY43P1

Not arrived yet but they are the same dimensions and screw terminal. Hope this helps.
LOL - the seller uses a matchstick to indicate dimensions!!!!!

The key criteria is the size of the HOLE the switch fits into. Most rocker switches will have the voltage/current handling capability (but you need to check anyway.... don't take this as gospel) but the body dimensions - NOT THE TOP PLATE - are key.

Although the body WIDTH is not given in the photo's shown, the hole length seems to be 19-20mm and whilst many may be available, not all have the screw terminal fixings - most have 'blade' connections BUT if you have the space behind the switch to accommodate the connections (which can be bent outwards to reduce the depth requirement anyway) you could get away with something like this:

Switch1.png Switch1.png
available in the UK from ESR Electronics (no affiliation to me in any way)

https://www.esr.co.uk/electronics/products/frame_switches.htm

but similar devices should be readily available from most component suppliers.

Worst case you might have to take a small file to the hole to enlarge it a bit but I think the size given will fit exactly.

PropDroid

May 21, 2018
Hello folks,

I too have this problem. The switch is surprisingly hard to locate, I've barely found any supplier that sells screwed connections. I tried Digikey, Allibaba, Alliexpress, Mouser, RS Online...

I did find this switch (same as above?) from the ebay with my approximate panel cut-out dimensions 20 x 13mm.

For what it's worth our lamp was flickering a lot as the switch was loose. However, in the end I was able to disassemble the switch, clean it, bend the spring to add some extra compression and reassemble. Now it works fine.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Dismantling the switch is usually my first port of call too - but for many that come to us with problems like this it is beyond their capacity to do so and we wouldn't recommend doing so except as a temporary fix anyway.

Blanking off the hole and fitting an in-line foot or finger switch would be the safest method for those that can't find an exact replacement.

larrylamb

May 15, 2018
Hi, I found this thread after googling replacement rocker switches for Ikea lamps. I have ordered these switches,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rocker-S...777495?hash=item5905b415d7:g:fuQAAOSwhQhY43P1

Not arrived yet but they are the same dimensions and screw terminal. Hope this helps.

I received the switches from ebay this weekend and have successfully replaced the faulty crackling switches fitted to my Ikea light fittings. They fit well and have screw connections so are a recommended Ikea replacement in my opinion. There is very little slack on the ikea fittings to allow crimp or soldered connections hence keeping the screw connection was important.

Davemonunn

Oct 25, 2018
Hey guys! #fix #solution #answer #win

I found one of these lamps on the side of the road and decided to adopt it. I found that it had the faulty switch aswell.

After playing around with it a while I deciding to just brake it all appart as I was frustrated woth it. I discovered that you can actually do a quick fix by simply inserting a screwdriver into the switch and prying the "rocker switch" part out (the plastic around it is quite flexible and will alow it to pop out, and in, easy)
There should be a little copper piece underneath it that you just need to scrape clean the contact spots and bend it a little more open to increase the switche's "springiness" (this helps it maintain it in the 'on' position)

Then all you need to do is pop it all back together and bingo! No need to buy new parts- recycling is the best, for the planet, and for your walet!

Hope that helps any other handy men like me!

Mickrick

Aug 12, 2020
Great idea, Davemonunn - had spent hours looking for a replacement switch but popped the rocker off after reading this and cleaned up the contact. Slight problem was that the small bit of copper fell out when opening so I didn't know how it should be replaced once cleaned! All good now - thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.