Connect with us

Switch A/B

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by icor1031, Sep 25, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. icor1031


    Apr 27, 2010
    I'm looking for something like a rocker switch, but with A/B selection. What are they called?

    I never want both on at the same time.

    What I am doing, is wiring two sources to the same pair of speakers - and I want to prevent feeding a signal from source one into source two.. Rather, the signal should go only to the speaker.
    Not knowing what to look for, I did not find one on ebay - but, I did check before posting here.

  2. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    A double throw (perhaps single, perhaps double, or more) pole switch.
  3. CocaCola


    Apr 7, 2012
    double throw

    Since it's a speaker with two wires you want a double pole version...

    They are identified as DPDT switches... Or sometimes ON-ON switches...

    If you want a center off version look for ON-OFF-ON

    Sometimes called a double pole changeover or double pole, center off

    And last but not least, note that some are make before break, that means for a split second both sides are ON when you switch, so pay attention if this matters...
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day