Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sweet sweet vacuum tubes...

riksen13

Feb 13, 2012
Hello!

This is my first post on Electronics Point. I am fairly new to the electronics world but I am learning my way around. Next fall I will be beginning school for Electrical Engineering, and in the mean time I have been trying to soak up every bit of information I can. But to cut to the chase...

I was playing around earlier, looking at schematic of various tube amps and preamps. I decided to try my hand at drawing up a feasible schematic of a medium mu preamp, and this is what came out.

Does this look like something that would work? Just curious if my knowledge is leading me in the right direction. Any input on this design would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 747
Last edited:

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
I see no way to get current into the valve.

This is not a voltage amplifier, it provides a low output impedance which you have killed with a 100k resistance.

The rectifier is all wrong, you need two diodes pointing to the positive line and two diodes pointing away from the negative line. That is all diodes should be pointing up with the AC connected each side halfway up.

riksen13

Feb 13, 2012
Well, thank you. I will now quietly crawl back into my hole until school gives me a better clue of what I am talking about.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Spring is on the way in the northern hemisphere, now is the time to crawl out of our holes.

Redraw the power supply as I suggest and when that is right, we will go from there.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Warning:
Americans call them 'vacuum tubes'.
Brits and Aussies call 'em 'valves'.
Just in case you were confused about that last post.