Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Swap out keyboard for 26 push buttons

Rick Johnson

May 11, 2016
Right now Ive opened up my keyboard and wired it out to several switches. It works ok but is there something that I can buy that is already wired out to terminals. Then I can just plug the usb cord in and wire out the terminals to the switches.
Thanks
Rick

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Right now Ive opened up my keyboard and wired it out to several switches. It works ok but is there something that I can buy that is already wired out to terminals. Then I can just plug the usb cord in and wire out the terminals to the switches.
Thanks
Rick
Not that I know of... closest thing you can do is buy an Arduino and look at the vUSB project for it... Let's you make custom HID devices. (Game pads, joysticks, keyboards)
You wire it all yourself from scratch

Rick Johnson

May 11, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I know there is something a few years back I was going to build a pinball arcade console type thing with joysticks and buttons I was looking at something but I can't remember what it was called. I guess I'll keep looking

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I know there is something a few years back I was going to build a pinball arcade console type thing with joysticks and buttons I was looking at something but I can't remember what it was called. I guess I'll keep looking
Perhaps you are thinking of the i-Pac?
It's USB based and intended for DIY Arcade cabinet installations... so you could wire your own buttons to it...
Although. I can't honestly remember what kind of flexibility you may have when it comes to assigning inputs.

Rick Johnson

May 11, 2016
I think your write. I have speakers through the house wired to a computer. I have switches on all doors and windows. I have a program i can assign a mp3 to a letter on the keyboard so when say some one opens garage door that switch is connected to letter A that plays a mp3 "garage door is open". So i just want to be able to wire all my switches back to this device.
Ill try doing a google search