Connect with us

SVGA splitter

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by Stanley Beamish, Nov 16, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. I know that you can get SVGA splitters that allow a single PC to display on
    multiple displays, but does anyone know of a product that does the converse:
    allows a single display to be shared amongst multiple PCs (i.e. without
    getting down on hands an knees and physically swapping the cable around,
    just press a button (or similar) instead).

  2. Do a search for "KVM switch"

    There are manual, and software controlled switches available. Belkin
    is one manufacturer.
  3. Yes. It's called a 'KVM' (Keyboard/Video/Mouse) switch. Its
    purpose in life is to allow the sharing of one keyboard, one display,
    and one mouse between multiple computers.

    They're readily available from companies like Rose Electronics,
    Apex, and various others (I do NOT recommend looking at Belkin -- after
    the debacle with their wireless routers, hijacking random web requests
    to their advertising page, they deserve to be boycotted).

    You can also find used ones at ham radio/electronic swap meets,
    and all over Ebay.

    Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
    (Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)
    kyrrin a/t bluefeathertech d-o=t c&o&m
    Motorola Radio Programming & Service Available -
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (Red Green)
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day