Maker Pro
Maker Pro

surveillance set up?

Fobian

Mar 24, 2013
Hello,

I do electronic repairs and get a lot of things donated to me since they don't work or they were going to toss it in the trash. My last client toss me some old computers and lcd screen and said put it to good use. I live in an apt and i have no peep hole or windows by my front door. so I was hoping to perhaps invent a system so I can have eyes out side.

My thinking was rigging up one of the laptop screens to say a webcam or what ever camera i can find. So it can display the front door area so i can see who it is before opening. I don't need it to record yet. :) Just want to start small and work my way up.

I spent some time on google and all I got was it can't be done since it has to run through a "computer" However I did find this, and this is what I was looking for but not sure if it would be on a bigger scale? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1255201

Im sure I'm not the first person to attempt something like this. I have ideas as to how to rig the system up but not sure where to start or what it will take.