Maker Pro
Maker Pro

surveillance equipment

Almany

Sep 19, 2014
Hello! My Mothers house is bugged.I know that it is,and I dont know the best way of dealing with it-I bought a rf detector from local retailer that didnt even work right out of the box.I know there is alot of cheap equipment,I would like some recommendations for products that work,people that have the equipment,and people that do bug sweeps.Thank you for any help you give!

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hello! My Mothers house is bugged.I know that it is,and I dont know the best way of dealing with it-I bought a rf detector from local retailer that didnt even work right out of the box.I know there is alot of cheap equipment,I would like some recommendations for products that work,people that have the equipment,and people that do bug sweeps.Thank you for any help you give!
'RF' in general covers a very wide range of frequencies. If the detector only works in a small band, it may not pick up anything from the possible other bands that are being used.
Does it work to detect Wifi or Bluetooth on a cell phone? Or what about the cellular radio?

I don't mean to stir the pot, but not all bugs are RF.

What makes you think that your mothers house is bugged?

Almany

Sep 19, 2014
The bug detector was defective-it didnt come on when it was switched on.I know the house is bugged because I can hear muffled voices through outside walls,tappings sound and other sounds come from the roof and walls any time 24/7 at different volumes

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Sounds more like it's haunted... ;-)

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
The bug detector was defective-it didnt come on when it was switched on.I know the house is bugged because I can hear muffled voices through outside walls,tappings sound and other sounds come from the roof and walls any time 24/7 at different volumes
@Almany, bugs are very often listening devices and do not transmit or play sounds. The intention is being discrete, and any sounds, taps, etc. will give it away making it useless.
For the sounds you describe, it would be logical to assume that the house:
A) Is a duplex, or other shared dwelling.
B) Is built with very little insulation.

There is always the possibility this is a prank being pulled on you or your mom. Small electronic devices can be bought for a buck or two and randomly make sounds for this reason.

Look for other possible reasons for the sounds. A bug will not make a sound.

If you have an externally accessible crawl-space under the home, check to make sure it isn't occupied by other people/animals. I had a cat in my crawl space for a while and it made all sorts of odd sounds.

Best of luck, but this is as far as you will get on an electronics forum. Let us know if you have any more technical questions regarding electronics repair, or building your own circuit.