Maker Pro
Maker Pro

SuperCap Charging and Delivery System using Solar Panels

Farukh Khan

Jun 12, 2015
@Alec_t not really. I am looking for something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32821360357.html with the MPPT function but without the battery charging and protection circuitry, Only with the MPPT and a sophisticated high efficiency boost or buck/boost converter which can take the MPPT voltage output and provide a stable regulated 5V@1A rated output.

The module you linked, does not have MPPT functionality.

Farukh Khan

Jun 12, 2015
Is there anyone, who can help me out with this problem? If there isn't any MPPT module for the particular use case mentioned is available in the market, is it possible to go a different route?

I mean is it possible to somehow mod a boost or boost buck converter or similarly a buck or buck boost converter to add a variable current limit or control feature? If that can be done easily, I would be able to use a attiny45 to code the MPPT firmware and make a system which will do MPPT tracking from the solar panels. But I am not sure how to mod a buck, boost module to add a variable current control. If anyone can help me with that, would be appreciated. Thank You.