Connect with us

Sump pump monitor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Rob.B67, Mar 16, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rob.B67

Rob.B67

Mar 16, 2018
    I have a mains 240 v float switch activated submersible sump pump in my basement and I would like to monitor/ record how many times it has been activated. Any information would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    Well you would need some kind of recording unit, either just No. of times and/or the duration and time, depends how far you want to go.
    For one, I would be inclined to set up another L.V. float switch which will be less invasive of connecting into the present pump.
    If you have any experience with micro's a small one counld be set up with some kind of display indicator, from a LCD display to a 7 segment etc.
    This is assuming you want to build and not off the shelf unit, which may be tricky to find.
    M.

3. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Try an electro-mechanical counter with a 240 VAC coil wired in parallel with the pump. This one might be appropriate.
    [​IMG]

4. Kiwi

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
    As well as counting how many times the pump is activated, you could also add an hourmeter to monitor how long it runs for.
    This would give you a better idea of the pump operation.

hevans1944 likes this.
Ask a Question