Connect with us

Suggestion: Article on Amplifier Basics

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Members Lounge' started by Raven Luni, Dec 6, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    Greetings,

This is not something I could contribute much to myself but if some of the experts could get their heads together I think it would really be a great thing to see in the articles section. Amplification is one of the most common topics out there and something that seems deceivingly complicated.

I think if the subject was broken down into a few main sections it would untangle alot of the mess and confusion. For example, maybe start with a basic op amp primer then taking a look at a basic audio amplifier and describe the functions of the pre amp and the power amp. Then you could talk a bit about buffering and impedance matching before finishing with a few different types like high precision for instrumentation etc.

I know this is all stuff you can find out there but I've yet to see it all in the same place and described in such a way that people of all knowledge levels can refer to and get everything they need to know.

2. Rusty

Rusty

Nov 30, 2012
    I'm pretty busy with my studies now but after my exams around Christmas time, I might contribute with one or two basic articles on simple amplifiers if its of interest. Not too complex, but basics would be ok.

I think it would be a better idea if several people post small articles, than one big. Will be less fork for everyone and more people would like to contribute.

Ask a Question