Connect with us

such thing as quadruple pole double throw switch?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by Dirk Funk, Nov 8, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Dirk Funk

    Dirk Funk Guest

    I pulled a switch out of a guitar effect pedal from the 60's that has
    this lay out.

    A B C D
    ! ! ! !
    ! !
    ! !
    ! !
    ! !
    ! !
    ! ! ! !
    1 2 3 4

    A to B is a circut and C to D is a circut, when you throw the switch
    the circuts are 1 to 2 and 3 to 4. What kind of switch would this be
  2. If there are no other pins on the switch, it is an odd one. However,
    you can take an ordinary 4P2T switch (yes they do exist ;-) and connect
    the commons as two sets of two. IOW, connect common-1 with common-2 and
    connect common-3 with common-4. You can then connect your wires to the
    outside terminals just like the original switch. Hope this helps.
  3. JeffM

    JeffM Guest

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day