Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Substitute for ELNA capacitors

Zapper

Sep 28, 2015
Hello,
I want to replace 3 capacitors from a 2008 Panasonic DVR Model: DMR EX77.

ELNA RJG 6.3V 680 uF
RJG 6.3V 1200 uF
RJX 16V 470 uF

RS Components stock Panasonic and Nichicon eqivilalents, but I don't know which one to choose. FK, FC, or FM. Is there some kind of a substitute chart available online?

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Have a look at the data sheets for the old capacitors and see if the specifications match then you can choose one.
Adam

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
I looked at the Elna catalog ,couldn't find any RJG or RJX series.
Are you sure you got those correct?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir Zapper . . . . . . .

(With that name . . . . .be sure that you don't get those suckas installed backwards . . . polarity wise . . . .or your namesake will hold true .)

With your given product to be serviced and assuredly those values going into its switchmode power supply.
Whatever brand and series of electrolytic capacior specified . . . . . the primary mandates are:

105 degree temp rating
Low ESR
Case dimensions

Initially . . . . . .The 105 deg spec is the easiest to sort out . . . . . instead of being the common 85 deg spec.

Pick the lowest ESR of your given specifications. . . . . if the manufacturer gives it for some common/standard values . . . . then you can merely compare that spec
between brands and their offered, and different series of that brand.

In further discriminating between "series" of cap . . . . . that may just be the option of obtaining the cap in a smaller profile case.
That's where you need to see what mounting dimension footprint that they gave you . . . . . .will it fit ?
That situation is probably going to be relevant to the two 6.3 volt units that you need.

Thassssit . . . . .

73's de Edd

Last edited: