Connect with us

subscribing to a thread without posting?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by timothy48342, Apr 28, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. timothy48342

timothy48342

Nov 28, 2011
    On this forum is there a way to subscribe to a thread, so that when there is new activity it shows up in my "User CP" , but without posting to the thread?

Sometimes I know I have nothing helpful to say, but I want to see what others say and follow along.

?,
    --tim

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Good question....

I don't know.

Maybe Ian will see this. If he doesn't respond, maybe you can PM him.

3. timothy48342

timothy48342

Nov 28, 2011
    Ah, Found it.
    I had the idea to look up the vBulletin software and see if someone asked the same question there and they did and the way you do it (if anyone else is interested) is:
    When viewing a thread, at the top is a green bar and on that bar is 4 drop-down menus and one is thread tools and one option is Subscribe. There are a bunch of other tools there to play with.

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Hahaha. Yeah.

When I pull that option down I see a lot more options that I use a lot more often. I should pay more attention to the other entries. I might find something useful there :D

Ask a Question