Connect with us

Stuck on this one.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by rwsynergy, Dec 4, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. rwsynergy

rwsynergy

Dec 4, 2010
    So i'm in electrical engineering technology in college and my teacher gave me this truth table and i can't seem to get the circuit out of it.

Any help or just pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There are 3 inputs and two outputs and i was given this as the truth table.

input1 input2 input3 output1 output2
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 0 1 0 1
    0 1 1 1 0
    1 1 1 1 1

The circuit seems to be just converting decimal input to binary output only to a value of 3 but I just can't make the circuit work.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The truth table doesn't define all the possible input combinations, so there are probably many options.

Just look at the combination of the inputs and each output and see if there is a simple relationship.

You'll find a trivial one for output 1

Look at output 2 and the number of inputs that are high. Is there a name for this? How can you generate this?

3. Laplace

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
    Whenever you are stuck, draw the Karnaugh maps. That way you don't have to think about it. Just follow the rules for minimization, and believe what the K-map tells you.

Attached Files:

Ask a Question