Connect with us

Stripboard

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by vick5821, Jan 28, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. vick5821

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
    Hey there, I know that stipboard have a parallel connections which mean the line are connected as a row..so if I wan to put IC ? How can I make sure the pins of Ic are not connected to each other ? How can I cut the connections?

Thank you

2. electronoobz

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
    well it's easy, make sure that the stripboard's parallel connection or whatever you call. Im talking about the copper is horizantal then insert the ic vertical. I'll post a pic.

edit.
    Like this one

electro-music.com/forum/phpbb-files/ruby_158.gif

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    I use a 1/8 in drill bit, twisting it by hand in a hole until the strip is cut. There is also a tool you can get that does it the same way.

Bob

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Agree with BobK, but I've always used a larger drill, about 1/4 in simply because it's easier to hold.

5. vick5821

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
    Drill in the hole ?

6. Raven Luni

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
    You can use anything you like - its a no brainer. I use a pair of wire cutters, or sometimes I'll twist a screwdriver in teh hole, and if I really need a fine cut (like for a 2 row header socket) I'll use a craft knife.

Edit: For the craft knife option, its best to make the cut before soldering then solder only 1 side of the pin

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  7. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Yep. I use a drill bit that was intended for a drill driver, with the large hex shape on the end. This is easy to twist by hand.

Bob

Ask a Question