Connect with us

Stereo Receiver Repairs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Andre Gopee, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Andre Gopee

Andre Gopee

Sep 12, 2012
    Hi Guys, anyone knows where I can find books, CD on how to trouble-shoot and repair Stereo Radio receivers... I can repair the power section, CD section Tape section but I cannot repair or trouble shoot the radio side of it. Please direct me where i can find books or courses.

Regards,
    Andre. :cool:

2. jcurrie

jcurrie

Feb 22, 2011
    what make is it?how old is it?the only general book i can think of off the top of my head is the amature radio hand book .
    jc

3. Andre Gopee

Andre Gopee

Sep 12, 2012
    There is different types like Pioneer, JVC, Samsung etc. and these are between 5 to 15 years old. I just need trouble-shooting skills.

Andre

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    With such a general inquiry, I can only agree with jcurrie about this being all I can think of.

5. Andre Gopee

Andre Gopee

Sep 12, 2012
    I have check out the amature radio hand book and that is for CB radios and design. But what I am looking for is training on repairing AM/FM radio, trouble shooting there frequency and how to go about starting this troubleshooting.

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    its for Amateur Radio actually, we don't like being put in the same class as unlicensed CB'ers, its a bit of an insult ;)

it will give you all the basics of receiver operation both AM and FM.
    But what you are really wanting is what is taught in technical college and with on the job training in a workshop

You need to start with the first basics of receiver operation and work your way up from there. I have been in the servicing game for 30+ years and I will tell you right now... 80 - 90% of servicing is experience, the rest is actual circuit knowledge

cheers
    Dave

7. Andre Gopee

Andre Gopee

Sep 12, 2012
    Thanks Davenn...No insult intended. I guess I will have to look for a school locally. Thanks Again.

Ask a Question