Connect with us

Stereo or RCA ?

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Skybuck Flying, Aug 14, 2009.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hello,

    Take a look at the following connectors on this picture:

    There are 8 connectors with the letters:

    FL, FR, C, SW, SL, SR, SBL, SBR

    What kind of connectors are these ?

    To me it seems like RCA connectors because they look the same as the
    television connectors.

    But maybe this picture is deceiving and it could actually be "simple stereo
    pin connectors" ? (Don't know the name the official name for that... maybe
    that's it).

    The "answer" stereo connectors probably wouldn't make much sense since these
    seem to be 8 channel signals.. thus the stereo already needs to be split...
    so this could explain why these are RCA connectors.

    Would be helpfull if manual clearly states what type of connectors each one
    are... in this case this info doesn't seem to be present ?! ;)

  2. They are RCA connectors.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Each is an RCA
    connector and each clearly is for one channel of a 7.1
    channel input.
    I really doubt that it is NOT clearly stated as this is
    pretty standard.

  3. What are you trying to do? The connectors on the 1909 are
    inputs. What do you want to connect to them?

  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    He is trying to troll. Ignore him.
  5. A cable which has 4 stereo outputs.

    So now I need a stereo to two RCA plugs splitter ;)

  6. PC equipment like soundblasters and speakers usually have stereo cables
    instead of rca/one channel cables.

    So to be able to connect PC equipment to receivers, stereo splitters would
    be needed.

    So pc equipment comes with newer connectors like spdif/optical and what
    not... but it can have drawbacks as well... but I won't go into that now ;)

    Thanks for your interesting I hope you learned something ;) :)

    And if you didn't learn something than I am sure that other newbies will
    learn something when they see this posting :)

  7. Little typo I ment to write:

    Some pc equipment...
  8. Ofcourse it has inputs :)

    Just weird inputs... so I left it out to prevent you from getting confused !

    Skybuck ;) :)
  9. So I see.

  10. You need a good set of brains !!
  11. Rich Grise

    Rich Grise Guest

    The four in the upper left are very probably USB.

    The "Tuner Antenna" AM are single-wire terminals, press the tab to open
    them, stick in the wire, and release the tab.

    The "Tuner Antenna" FM is an "F" connector, like cable TV.

    On the left, COAX-1 and -2 are "F" connetors, and I have no idea what
    OPT-1 and OPT-2 are - they look unimplemented.

    The next block to the right "VIDEO MONITOR" etc are RCA's with five
    DIN connectors of some kind.

    Do their right, under "SPEAKERS", are banana jacks.

    "REMOTE CONTROL ROOM TO ROOM" looke like phone jacks, and the last 3
    are RCA.

    Hope This Helps!
  12. Not very much.

    He asked specifically:
    And he was answered specifically:
    As for your other contributions:
    1. The four in the upper left are HDMI, as labeled. (Not USB)
    2. OPT-1 and OPT-2 are TOSlink. (Fully implemented)
    3. The VIDEO MONITOR jacks that accompany the RCA (composite
    inputs) are S-video. (A specific kind of DIN)
    4. The "SPEAKER" connectors are multiway that are capable of
    accepting bare wire, bent pins as well as banana plugs.
    5. The "REMOTE CONTROL ROOM TO ROOM" connectors are usually for
    1/8" miniplugs. (Not phone plugs)

    But he didn't ask about any of that.

  13. Paul Hovnanian P.E. schreef:
    Please Paul, erase!
  14. krw

    krw Guest

    A crappy one would be a huge improvement.
  15. krw

    krw Guest

    The back of my AV amp looks similar. "High end" audio cables aren't
    all that expensive, as long as you don't buy them from Best Buy, or
    similar. ;-)
    ....and then nothing will work.
  16. John Larkin schreef:
    Please John, next time, leave out
  17. krw schreef:
    Please guys, leave out DUTCH newsgroups (everything with 'nl' in it)
  18. krw

    krw Guest

  19. frischmoutt

    frischmoutt Guest

    They're banana plugs for electro-stim.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day