Connect with us

Stereo keep on poping a fuse dont know why?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Nathan Noone, Nov 18, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Nathan Noone

Nathan Noone

Nov 18, 2015
    please help I have a stereo Integrated Amplifier DA-U310, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation its a vintage but for some reason the fuse keeps on popping there are 6 fuses I think but only one is popping i even put a little bit of a stronger fuse but it still popped there 4 amps

Attached Files:

2. Tha fios agaibh

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
    Don't put larger fuses in, or your risking damage to amplifier circuit.

Just a guess here, but I'd say that do to age of amp, there may be failing capacitors or other components at fault.

Take some close up pictures of the board, or better yet, post a schematic.

Just for the heck of it, swap the cables from left to right side and see if the fuse still pops.

John

Martaine2005 likes this.
  3. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hi Nathan,
    As John posted above, never replace with higher amperage fuse!
    What fuse is blowing?
    Look next to or under the fuse. There is writing on the pcb.
    F803 400ma, F11 2AT, F802 6.3AT and F801 6.3AT. That's if I have the correct picture of course!

Martin

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    My thinking is along the lines of Tha fios agaibh. The big electrolytic capacitors are the first to go in older amps, but that may have caused domino effect damage to a semiconductor.
    With six fuses, I'm suspecting you have power fuse or fuses, and fuses for each of the OUTPUT channels. Input power fuse to the amp, and output fuses for the speakers.
    Like Martaine2005 asked, what fuse is blowing? The fuse will have identifying information on it (and maybe on the PCB itself).
    We need to know if you have an input power problem to the amp, or an output power problem to one of the speakers.

5. Edgar Campos

Edgar Campos

Nov 19, 2015
    It may be due to bad wiring connections which is causing this problem. You should get it checked by an electrical repairs NJ team.

6. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Blimey, spammers find absolutely any way possible to advertise!!
    Well my old mate Edgar, that firms on my black list now!!!!

7. HellasTechn

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
    Check the output stage power amplifier transistors. Theese are most likely responsible for blowing your fuse.

let me know if that helps, if not then we should check the circuit diagrams.

8. HellasTechn

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
    Exactamente !!!

9. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    This Amp as "only" 4 fuses:
    1.Mains primary(I guess this is the one that blows,it's 2A).
    2.Panel Lamp fuse 400mA
    3.Secondary trans fuses 2 x6.3A

Which is it?
    If it's the mains fuse ,,plenty of causes for it to blow...:oops:

Tha fios agaibh likes this.
Ask a Question