Connect with us

steering wheel control [merged]

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jhayar25, Jun 8, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jhayar25

jhayar25

Mar 28, 2012
    im installing audio but the problem how can locate the wire for steering control to adjust volume,scan,next etc...my wire in my audio are...white wire KEY-A/D1,green wire KEY-A/D2,red wire (+)5v out,block wire GRND,brown wire (+) 10v out....pls help how can i connect this wire in a toyota fortuner...any method on how to find the wire to connect.....plsssssssssssssssssss

2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Your lack of actual details, leaves one shooting in the dark...

From a quick Google it appears KEY-A/D1 and KEY-A/D2 are a Sony Key input port?

But, beyond that I have no idea of the protocol if any those two inputs use, the schematic I found sorta implied they where simply high/low logic input for button, but didn't go into what they controlled or if the button itself had additional logic beyond on/off...

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    You need the radio manufactuer's wiring diagram, if it's a new radio, it'll be in the manual.
    Then you need the Toyota wiring diagram for your vehicle.
    You should be able to get them on-line.

4. jhayar25

jhayar25

Mar 28, 2012
    audioinstallation

good morning i have audio dvd player and i install it to toyota fortuner the problem is i can't install the following 3 wires 5volts,steering wheel control 1 and steering wheel control 2..pls help its already 2months but i can't install it can any help me........how to find the wire....for 3wires....

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    what model is it ?
    have you looked online for an installation manual ?
    what about a car audio system installer in your city ?

Dave

6. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Ask a Question