Connect with us

Stator removal help

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by KellyB, Aug 7, 2019.

1. KellyB

KellyB

Aug 7, 2019
    Greetings all,

I have been trying to remove the hollow shaft from this stator to continue a project I'm working on but have failed.

I have about 15 of these but I have damaged on as a test to try and find a way to remove it if possible.

I was going to buy an arbor press to try and press it out but I fear it would damage the green coat. I am however trying to separate the commutator from the stator if possible. I am willing to rewire it as well.

2.jpg IMG_20190807_180847 2.jpg IMG_20190807_180918 2.jpg

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    I do not see a stator, only a rotor.
    I do not see a commutator, only a green yo yo.

i would guess that they are assembled with an interference fit and will not come apart without damage.

3. KellyB

KellyB

Aug 7, 2019
    I thank you for you assessment, I was unsure of the proper terms and did the best I could.
    The "green yo-yo" as you call it has the wires connected to it, I thought this might be where the power connects.

4. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Show a picture of the motor. You may be right and you show a stator but only if the body of the motor turns.
    There seems to be 16 poles and a commutator will have 16 segments. Where does the wire go that is resting on your hand?

5. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    This appears to be a wound and then baked stator, what purpose do these devices serve?, they appear to be a form of rpm sensor, resolver etc , they appear to me too small to be a form of motor attached to the large item shown.
    M.

6. KellyB

KellyB

Aug 7, 2019
    They are what I pulled them from. All of them are connected to that shaft. the guy I bought them from, had several GM motors.
    The shaft has a geared tooth end while the other end has the copper wound rotor with what looks like a brush/brushless? mount beside it.

You said it looked baked. does that mean if I remove it that it would damage the green coat and/or part?

Notes: The drum like thing beside the rotor has the wires leading to it with a tape like substance around it.

7. KellyB

KellyB

Aug 7, 2019
    For these I do not have the motor, I only have about 15 of these shafts with that small piece connect via washer and screw at the tip. The end of the larger shaft the these are connected to has a gear toothed end.
    As I said to another , the little drum thing beside the stator/rotor? ,has the wires leading to it and has a type of tape? around it.
    I can provide better pictures later. Got two young ones that keep me busy So I took quick pics.

Ask a Question