Connect with us

Star Shower motion button bypass

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by LouF, Dec 4, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. LouF

LouF

Dec 4, 2018
    From what I recall from initial tinkering, a constant short of the switcg did not work that way; I believe it did not toggle until the button was released. My memory may be getting fuzzy on this, but I know I found out a simple shorting of the switch would not work, hence a more complicated solution was needed. I then tried to simplify an electronic design with R-C to simulate a "button push" within a viable curve.

2. LouF

LouF

Dec 4, 2018
    Thankyou for the info. between the two. Could the difference in the circuitry be so small that it is only a capacitor to save a state in memory?

Yes, 2-3 times of flipping the power switch (located indoor for the outdoor receptacle of which the unit is plugged into) to activated motion. That is, learning the timing of on-off at the switch. Once it starts motion, it is on. Activation it is not very consistent, but this year it has worked out better. I recall having a hard time during "design" trying to get a good R-C combination for timing. After I did, all of a sudden the timing seemed to change.

I'm not exactly sure of what you're asking "manual opetation our side of the timer", but if I got it, yes, the button can still be manually pushed on the unit. - But get this, one time the button did not work, and one time motion started and then stopped (I almost took the R-C out and was going to tell him I can't do it, LOL). So far, it has been reasonably functional (it's better than going outside every day, LOL), and I wonder if temperature affects the capacitor.

I would be interested in what you find between the two. Yes, quick, easy, and it was my "engineering economy" attempt, LOL. I had inspiration from my floodlight motion detector, where (by a much more consistent design), the floodlight will be switched on indefinitely if the power switch is turned off for 1 second and then back on - it works great as long as one counts an honest second.

I hope I explained clearly.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
Ask a Question