Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Stalker ATR radar gun repair

RodneyPierce

Sep 6, 2012
Hello guys, just joined the forum here.

I recently purchased a Stalker ATR radar gun that was stated to not power on.

I dont have the gun in hand yet, so havnt had time to tear it apart and check it out. Just figured I would post a thread here in advance, to see if anyone had any idea's, or knew of any common problems with Stalker radar gun's that cause this same issue.

Thanks in advance, and I will keep the thread updated once I receive the gun, and get to tear it apart and check it out.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi Rodney
welcome to the forums :)

not aware of any specific common problems with that unit ... there are several models
will be interesting to see which one you have got.

well if you are going to "tear it apart" do it gently ;)

work your way through doing voltage measurements etc as you go, looking to see where the incoming power disappears. Maybe a fuse, maby damaged cabling etc
make note of where plugs go if you unplug anything between boards etc

cheers
Dave

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
My experience with equipment that somebody tells you not to power-up, is that something
in it fried, (and scared them). Either smoke or sparks.
So the good news might be, that when you open it up, you will hopefully find physical
component damage that will aid you in tracking down the problem.
And oh yeah, I wouldn't try to power it up, until you look at the insides first.
Good luck with it.

RodneyPierce

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks guys!!

I was thinking the same thing, that a physical component is probably bad (or at least this is what Im hoping). I will be careful when taking it apart.

Should be here in a few days, I will keep this post updated!

Thanks again!!

RodneyPierce

Sep 6, 2012
Well guys, got the gun yesterday. Took it apart, there was no obvious component failure, but the switch pin was broken off. So i drilled and tapped a 2-56 bolt to activate the trigger switch, put it back together and put power to it.....and.......powered right up. Took reading no problem from the cars coming down the road. So, long story short, for 26.00 I got myself a working Stalker ATR gun body, now just need a handle, case, and manual (of which I have found a source for all of the listed).

Pretty excited!!