Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Stabilizer for fridge, washing machine and Led TV

Chandu10787

Sep 13, 2018
Hi All,

Kindly advise,

I'm facing short circuit issue with my fridge LG, washing machine BOSH and my LED TV LG... please advise stabilizers which will help me counter the issue.

Regards

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I'm facing short circuit issue with my fridge LG, washing machine BOSH and my LED TV LG.
If so that's rotten luck that they all are bad.

I suspect you might have an overloading problem where one of these appliances overloads your service panel and the other things on the same circuit loose power.

Putting surge suppression (stabilizer?) will not fix the problem.

Are these all on the same circuit?

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Depending on the size and age of the refrigerator and washing machine, if they are on the same circuit then one starting up while the other is running may be enough to kick the breaker.

Since you have little control over when the refrigerator cycles on, the solution is to not have them both on the same circuit unless I am misunderstanding what you meant, since you did not go into much detail about the problem.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Short circuit or tripping of the RCD?

I suspect your are getting 'nuicence tripping' which is most commonly caused by defective motor capacitors in refrigerators, loose wiring and/or 'borrowed neutrals' in the distribution unit.

Power the items separately and individually to determine which is the actual cause of the tripping. If they ALL cause it then check the wiring at the consumer unit and sockets.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
It's short circuit and we could also find power in grounding
Caused by what? The TV? The fridge? The washing machine? They can't ALL be doing it.

What form of circuit protection is fitted? Fuses? Circuit breakers? RCD's?

Connect each device and see if the fault occurs on just ONE of them. If it occurs on them all then the WIRING is the problem, not the equipment. It would be a massive co-incidence if all those items all had the same fault........

You need proper electrical installation test equipment to isolate the fault - earth resistivity/leakage detector, megger (insulation tester) etc.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Short circuit is not a symptom. Tell us what you are seeing, and under what conditions, that make you think there is a short circuit.

Bob

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
It's short circuit and we could also find power in grounding

It could be that if he is the only one in the neighbourhood to fit any sort of earth, that he is carrying fault /leakage current for who knows how many down the road.
Who knows, trying to decipher a fault from what the op considers correct diagnosis of a problem rather than describe the symptoms is just going to be speculation and a range of well meaning guesses,