Connect with us

ST7540 Power Line communication IC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by hayowazzup, Jul 22, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. hayowazzup

hayowazzup

Jul 22, 2012
    Hi all

I am using st7540 with its default setting and connecting it to a microcontroller. I send data on TXD line of st7540 at 2400 baud rate but i am unable to detect carrier frequency at TX_out line,
    I have connected UART/SPI to 1 and RxTx to 0, already followed the datasheet to setup and spent so much time trying many different connections.
    Does anyone know how to make this chip work??
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi hayowazzup, welcome to the forums.

I haven't used that chip before but I have some general advice.

No one can figure out what's wrong with your circuit and/or code if you don't post them. That's not a simple chip to use, both from a hardware point of view and from a software point of view.

My best suggestion is to go through the data sheet point by point, and verify that you've done everything right to the greatest extent possible. For example, you can check that the oscillator is running, check that the watchdog input is being toggled, check that configuration data is appearing at the IC pins, check all the DC voltages. Do you know that the device is receiving your serial commands? Is there a register you can read to check? Do you have access to a logic analyser that can capture your SPI data? If you give the details of what you've done, someone may be able to spot a mistake somewhere.

Ask a Question