Connect with us

Sprinter's timing circuits

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by GlennT, Mar 25, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. GlennT

GlennT

Mar 25, 2015
    Hi,
    brand new here. I used to do more than the average Joe with electronics but never deeply into it, eg, built a pre-amp for the bass player in a band once, gain, volume pots, hi and lo impedance (cannon xlr) connectors, stuff like that. Nothing intense. I also worked for many years on cars doing more than typical tech's share of electrical work, always loved it, then computerized cars once they came around. So that's about my level, I'm able to understand the basics.

I'm looking to build a timing system for athletes. Eg, I'd like to be able to time a sprinter running a 40 yd dash and track his/her 10 yd, 20 yd, 30 yd and 40 yd all on the same pass.

Suggestions on starting points? Do I even have the right forum for this sort of question?

thanks!

2. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    I found a free web app that appears to do what you want. It records an elapsed time from START each time the SPLIT button is pressed. Could maybe run this from a tablet?

Oh, and welcome to Electronics Point. You have found the right place for this sort of question.

Ask a Question