Connect with us

Speakers buzzing

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by breckrider, Feb 16, 2010.

1. breckrider

breckrider

Feb 9, 2010
    I'm trying to help my parents with the speakers attached to their surround system. Periodically they will buzz. They describe it as a bunch of angry bees buzzing loudly. It's not constant. I've checked the connections and they are tight on the receiver. I didn't check the wire connections on each speaker. It sounds more like some sort of interference. They have a tivo that has a wireless connection. The antenna sits just above the receiver.

I've done a search on the web but haven't really found an answer. Any suggestions?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Yep, wifi, phones, etc can all cause that type of interference.

Try moving the TIVO's antenna away from their system. Moving the Tivo temporarily may be the only solution if the antenna does not have a cable attached.

If it helps at all, then try to get a wifi antenna with a cable attached that will fit the TIVO. You should be able to place it away from the system in such a place that it causes less (hopefully no) interference.

3. breckrider

breckrider

Feb 9, 2010
    I'll have them put it on the desk about 3 ft away. I'll let you know if that takes care of it.

Ask a Question