Connect with us

speaker dc jack repair

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by taviii, Jun 9, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. taviii

taviii

Jun 9, 2020
    [​IMG] hi guys! new to the forum!
    im an electronic enthusiast trying to repair a sony speaker (model srs x88).
    the problem with the speaker begun when my girlfriend plug a 1/4 mono male conector (like the one used for guitar cables) directly to the power input dc jack, after this the speaker never worked again.

so, i opend it and reach to the jack board. my asumption was that by changin the dc jack for a fresh one the problem will be solved, i mean, how could that broke the speaker completely?

i changed the dc jack to another one, i couldnt find the original dc jack anywhere so i used one a little smaller, which made me change the adapter tip also.

nevertheless this didnt solve my problem. maybe someone can point me what else could have gone wrong?

here are some pictures for help

2. bertus

bertus Moderator

Nov 8, 2019
    Hello,

The picture on your google drive does not show.
    Please upload the picture to the forum using the "Upload a File" button.
    Keep the size in the order of 300 Kb to upload.

Bertus

3. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    Describe with pictures axactly what was done. It sounds as if you have connected the speaker to 12V DC and melted it.
    Measure the resistance across the speaker plug. If it is open circuit you may be lucky and have a blown fuse.

4. taviii

taviii

Jun 9, 2020
    Hi!
    1_ speaker works correctly
    2_ 1/4 mono male connector plugged directly to speaker dc in jack (no power involved, the mono male connector is from a korg clip pickup. Nevertheless there was a spark coming from the jack)
    3_after that speaker never worked again
    4_ the original dc jack gets removed and i soldered a new one to the jackboard (little smaller than the original)
    5_ cut original adapter tip and replace for a fresh one that will match the new smaller dcjack
    6_speaker remains completely dead

Attached Files:

Ask a Question