Connect with us

spdt short lever toggle

Wanted: Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by echidna, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. echidna

echidna

Feb 7, 2013
    I've been trying for ages to source some spdt short lever on-on mini toggle switches here in UK like these at this site (they are out of stock and shipping is high):

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=792

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'll reluctantly go for on-off-on if available.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. oyvdahl

oyvdahl

Oct 11, 2012
  3. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    These look to be a common type of switch although they are often double pole, you do not have to use the other pole.

In the UK you can try:-
    RS, Maplin (there are many local shops), Farnell, Cricklewood, Bowood, Potts (Derby, not far from the bus or train station).

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    The switch itself is a comon C&K Switch, here in the States.
    Look-up the C&K product line, and you can obtain the full designation for that switch
    (The toggle-lever length is part of the full switch part number).
    One you have the full part number, you should be able to find the exact replacement,
    or a cross to another manufacturer's equivalent).

5. echidna

echidna

Feb 7, 2013
    Thank you kindly for that information. I have been able to find exactly what i want from Digikey:

100SP1T2B9M1QE-ND

It would be great if i could source them in UK to avoid the shipping.

The really important thing here is that short lever. The ones in the picture i sent is about 5mm, but i'd like some around 3mm as well.

Thanks again.

6. Jotto

Jotto

Aug 24, 2012
    Why not just reduce the size of your toggle with a grinder?

7. echidna

echidna

Feb 7, 2013
    That is a good idea, but could it be made look good afterwards? They are often plated brass.

8. Jotto

Jotto

Aug 24, 2012
    If the appearance makes a big deal, go to a electrical supply house and get the rubber they use for coating hand tools and dip it in that or something similar. How it looks wouldn't be important to me, I would be more interested in function.

Ask a Question