Connect with us

Source for rectangular connector similar to Molex?

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by Jay Hennigan, Jan 2, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Jay Hennigan

    Jay Hennigan Guest

    I'm trying to identify a connector style found on an AMI jukebox from the
    1962 era. It looks similar to Molex, but the contacts are flat instead of
    round and it appears as if the same contacts are used in both the male and
    female housings. They are used in 3, 6, 9, and 12-contact versions. A
    picture is here:

    Someone suggested that they were A-MP connectors but I can't find anything
    similar in their catalog. Ideas?
  2. Jerry G.

    Jerry G. Guest

    I remember seeing these.

    Look up Newark and Electrosonic. A number of years ago, I think I
    remember seeing these connector types in the mentioned places catalogs.

    These two are no the net. You can also call them by phone. They can
    give you an email address to where to send those pictures, to have the
    connectors identified, and quoted for you.

    Jerry G.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day