Connect with us

sound reactive leds

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by dev2day, Apr 10, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dev2day

dev2day

Apr 10, 2012
    hey guys this is going to be my first project ever with electronics other then computers,
    i am a totally new at it all i really know is how to slaughter. so my project is that im making a deadmou5 head and im going to make the head so it has speakers that that is wired to led so the led flash to the music. i want it to be 2 channles. so can you guys help me by providing me a schematic that runs of a 9v battery. i pretty sure i need to build an amplifier but im not sure.
    hope u guys can help thanks

2. dev2day

dev2day

Apr 10, 2012
    forgot a u in sound

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I'm pretty sure you're going to need several hundred dollars (at least) and some pretty extensive experience with microcontrollers.

I'm assuming you mean the head thing that displays a series of images etc.

Have you seen the amount of electronics that's inside that thing?

4. dev2day

dev2day

Apr 10, 2012
    I don't want the whole thing to be led i just need to led in the eyes cuz im going to use frosted half sphere and put a led inside that so the eyes glow
    Sorry if i wasn't clear

5. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Are you only asking for a circuit that takes a sound input and displays that input via LEDS?

If so just get the Velleman MK103 kit, simple and straight forward sound detection displayed on LEDs... Get two and you have 2 channels... The schematic for this kit is easy enough to find on many of the sites that sell the kit or a simple Google image search, beware if you really want to DIY, not all microphone capsules are created equal so you need to balance the input circuit to your microphone, thus the reason I suggest just getting the kit as a matched/balanced pair already...

As for the audio itself that is an entirely different subject...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  6. dev2day

dev2day

Apr 10, 2012
    thanks man makes it easier

7. dev2day

dev2day

Apr 10, 2012
    it would only work.up to a certain point because i want a direct line inputs from my ipod to the led and i also want to hook up speakers to it
    what i was thinking was ipod input to something that i dont know... and then to speakers and the led are running in parallel to the speakers

8. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Velleman K4305 Stereo 2 x 10 LED Vu Meter Kit

or

VELLEMAN K4306 PRECISION STEREO VU-METER 2 X 15 LEDS

They claim to have both high and low input options, so you should have no issue hooking it directly to speaker level outputs (in high input configuration) as long as they aren't amplified to an extreme level...

Ask a Question