Connect with us

Sound Playing Module?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by 8characters, Aug 17, 2012.

1. 8characters

8characters

Jul 16, 2012
    Hi guys,

I'm needing to find a simple module that will perform a simple function. What I need it to do is play a looping recording when the power is supplied, simple but its something no one seems to make that I can find. Theres a lot of mp3 modules etc. that way overcomplicate the issue but nothing that can be simply wired up by a novice. or even consumer product that will do this.

Needs to be 3-5v.
    Needs to play from SD card in a standard audio format.
    Needs to start on powerup.
    Nees to loop the audio files.

http://www.emartee.com/product/41928/MP3 SD Card Sound Module

I'm looking at this but its hard to order the correct "mode" that I need, does anyone know of anything else?

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    This desription sounds like its just what you need:

4)Loop play mode: After powered on, no need to trigger any I / O port, directly play all the voice in SD card, with functions to record playing points while power off, from which it plays while powered on again. Two sub-control modes, 1. P04 has pulse-triggered play/pause function; 2. P05 has level-triggered play/pause function.

3. 8characters

8characters

Jul 16, 2012
    Yep it souhds like what I need, though by default they send the wrong mode, with no option given to change that, emails go unreplied to.

I'd also much prefer if it wasn't designed to be pcb mounted. But if I was to get this in hand is it really as simple as saving.wav sounds to sd, connecting power and audio out leads? it has 16 pins to connect to and I suspect I'll get lost in that.

I've already bought the following amp to hopefully get useful sound out of it: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271014622249?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Just wishing there was a simpler way.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
Ask a Question