Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sound getting out from a single ear, tested with more than one pair of headphones

DatLemonDoe

May 18, 2015
Hi,
My headphones stopped working on the left side, so i decided to try another pair and even a third one but it didn't change anything, so i guess it's probably not the headphone's fault. I happened after i paused a video on youtube, when i resumed it it stopped working,
One thing i can tell you guys is that with a pair i tried, when i was pressing it into the plug really hard with my hand, i was able to hear from both sides, but as soon a i release it, it stops.
Also, when i unplug the pair i was using before it broke (turtle beach p11), it makes a weird sound in the side that works.

Now i don't know how sound configuration works but if you guys know anything that could potentially work than please help me.

I hope i gave you guys enough details but feel free to ask me for some more :)

Thanks a lot !

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi there
Welcome to EP :)

it could be the socket on the computer is faulty

DatLemonDoe

May 18, 2015
i have 3 empty sockets and i tried them all, i also tried to put my mouse on the one that i use for the headphones and it works fine. Also, one of the pair of headphones i tried are ipod ones, so it goes into a different socket. Considering that i really don't think that the socket is the problem, but im still working on trying different things

Thanks for the reply, hopefully we will end up finding something.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
i also tried to put my mouse on the one that i use for the headphones and it works fine.

you had better explain that further ...
a mouse is usually USB
headphones use the audio socket

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Here's my input:
If one of the contacts on the output jack davenn already told you about is bent or somehow misaligned, that could prevent one side of your headphones from working.
The problem I had recently with my computer set-up, was that I unintentionally pushed the headphone plug into the computer headphone jack a little too forcefully, and acutally pushed the
jack a little deeper into the plastic housing. Then the insulator around the headphone plug would not allow me to fully reinsert the headphone plug, because it was stopped by the plastic computer tower housing,
which had flexed back to it's original depth. Hence, one side of my headphone wouldn't work. Just something to consider.