Connect with us

Sound Bar

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by alfa88, Oct 3, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. alfa88

alfa88

Dec 1, 2010
    I started looking into a sound bar for my TV but stopped right in my tracks after I realized that there seems to be no provision for linking the TV's remote control power, +/- volume and mute functions. I don't want another remote control to keep track of or to be pressing buttons as if it were a calculator just to mute an annoying commercial or turn the whole works off (universal remote). Is there any ready to buy solution or am I going to have to play with a microcontroller and play engineer to modify some powered speakers?

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    If the sound bar is from the same maker as the TV, chances are they talk to each other and the TV's remote works for the sound bar, too.
    Of course, you'll have to check that with the specific makes you're using (or going to use).

3. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    In the Menu of my TVs there is a selection for its sound to have adjustable volume from the TV remote or fixed volume then the sound system remote controls it. I have the TV remote control its volume in the sound system.

Ask a Question