Maker Pro
Maker Pro

sony walkman model WM-AF56 repair help

F0X

Jan 16, 2018
I have a sony walkman radio cassette player that i am trying to repair. The belt for the cassette player is broken and i have the correct parts ordered to fix it. Another issue it has is that no sound comes from the headphones when listening to the radio. I am trying to find the circuit board schematics so if i have to replace any of the components on the board and also need help with testing the components that are on the original board to see which ones need replacing. I have found very little about this model online and need some direction in where to look. Thank You

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Googling "WM-AF56 Schematic" brings up a couple of sites that have the technical manual as a paid download which, if you want to do your own servicing, would be an essential requirement.

Armed with this and some test equipment (you'll need a multimeter as a minimum and a signal generator and/or oscilloscope as a worst case) we should be able to talk you through the process of fixing it.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir FOX . . . . .

FOOLISH . . . not to replace the pair.
Since, usually . . . so goes one belt being limp / or / breaks . . . soon . . . . so goes the other .

MECHANO- INFO . . . . .

upload_2018-1-17_8-38-48.png

73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Another issue it has is that no sound comes from the headphones when listening to the radio.

Therefore if the tape is playing, power is getting to the tape section and also to the audio power amplifier and earphone connections are good.
For the RADIO aspects check out the marked power path below . . . .

SONY SCHEMATIC REFERENCING . . . .

upload_2018-1-17_15-58-17.png

73's de Edd
. . . . .

Last edited: