Connect with us

Sony TV Channel Stuck

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by CREDRIDER46, Aug 25, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. CREDRIDER46

CREDRIDER46

Aug 25, 2010
    MY SONY TV IS STUCK ON CHANNEL 73, NO AMOUNT OF BUTTON PUSHING ON TV OR REMOTE WORKS [SONY MODEL KV-20FV300

2. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    Can you try turning the TV off at the socket for a for a few mins and then power the TV back up? That might do the trick. :)

3. CREDRIDER46

CREDRIDER46

Aug 25, 2010
    SONY TV

Tried that move last night, it was disconnected for 12 hours...Thanks for the idea ! John

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Another thing to check before giving in to repair:
    I've got a Sony, and the 'ON' pushbutton plastic pushbutton itself hangs-up in the de-
    pressed position. You can't always see it, it flexes a little to one side (the plastic pushbutton you depress itself). When that happens, the Channels will not change,
    (and most other remote functions won't work).
    Take a pin or paperclip, and see if you can release the plastic pushbutton, so it pops
    all the way back up. (So it pops straight up, not stuck depressed sideways)
    Sorry, if that doesn't do the trick, but it works on mine.

5. CREDRIDER46

CREDRIDER46

Aug 25, 2010
    Sorry to take so long to respond...OK, I tried all your suggestions with no success.
    Thank you for the time and effort to help,
    John

Ask a Question