Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sony Trinitron XBR blinking screen

Scott/r

Nov 28, 2016
This brute of a tv has developed a problem that is driving me " insane ".. Great sound and a beautiful picture. The problem is the picture has started blinking on and off.. The longer it stays on a show the less it blinks.. What's strange is it doesn't seem to like commercials at all.. On a commercial it blinks consistently.. Is there a way to fix this or bypass something or is a new set going to be the answer?? If I can save this it would be a big plus since I'm one of the working poor.. Thankyou for any advice..

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
MODEL YEAR PLEASE.
if 10 yrs or more, Ill bet on a a gassy picture tube, Pulls too much current and an IC detects and tries to correct but overbiases and it blinks. BAAAAAAD picture tube.
Confirmation . . . .drop down conrast / picture adjustent as well as a little brightness and see if it is eliminated or less frequent .
If confirmed, slight readjustment of G2 control level on back internally will exacerbate for some months. . .possibly even a year,

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott/r

Nov 28, 2016
MODEL YEAR PLEASE.
if 10 yrs or more, Ill bet on a a gassy pocture tube, Pulls too much current and an IC detects and tries to correct but overbiases and it blinks. BAAAAAAD picture tube.
Confirmation . . . .drop down conrast / picture adjustent as well as a little brightness and see if it is eliminated or less frequent .
If confirmed, slight readjustment of G2 control level on back internally will exacerbate for some months. . .possibly even a year,
Hi,, Thankyou so much for your quick reply.. I will give it a try.. Hope it works.. Even a few months is worth the effort....

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
But . . .But . . .but . . . you forgot the model number to be able to lead you . . .as you probably dont even know what a G2 is or how much you have to feed them every day.